Leia, Samantha, Dylan, Denver and Gisele provide Psychological Therapy for young people and their parents, tackling the following challenges:
- Anger management
- Low Self-Esteem
- Emotional Regulation Difficulties
- Learning Difficulties
- Family Issues
- Bonding with Baby
- Coping with Stress
- Parenting Stress
- Child Behaviour Problems
“What if my child’s problem is not on the list?”
Get in contact; we may be able to help. If our practitioners don’t have the skills or experience to assist you, they will let you know. They will provide you with recommendations on what to look for in another psychologist to ensure that you get appropriate help.
We also conduct a range of assessments, including:
- Learning/Cognitive/IQ Assessments (including Learning Difficulties and Giftedness)
- Educational/Academic Achievement Assessments
- Screening for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Screening for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
All assessments will include:
- A Clinical Interview with the Parent/s (where a specific plan will be established regarding the assessment)
- Formal Psychological Testing (e.g., pen and paper or computer-based testing) or Screening Checklists
- An Observation of the Child will be necessary to obtain more information
- A Report will be provided depending on the nature of the assessment
- The contents of the report will be discussed in depth at a Feedback Session
Please get in touch with our office to discuss pricing.
Referrals & Rebates
Your General Practitioner is often the best way to access psychological therapy for your child. They can provide mental health care plans where your child is experiencing mental health challenges. Mental health care plans (MHCP) entitle you to a $131.65 rebate (clinical) or $89.65 (general) via Medicare for therapy services provided by your psychologist. A MHCP does not cover Assessment/Report Writing costs.
What about private health?
Of course, you can use a private health fund IF you have coverage for psychology. Check with your fund to check your coverage and determine how much they will rebate.
So …. Ready to See a Psychologist?
If you are ready to book your first session, please call the office on 07 5562 2867.